I’ve spent a while looking around at different gmail tools so thought I’d share a few of my favourites.
- GTray - A gmail notifier that’s better than the official one, it shows unread mail on startup, registers mailto: links and provides a notifier in the system tray.
- DelBackup. Automated backing up delicious to your gmail account. (howto)
- GmailFS - A linux filesystem which uses your gmail account as it’s storage. This gives you remote storage accessible from anywhere which you can operate on using any of the commands you’re used to.
- GMail Drive - it’s similar to the above, but for windows.
- Gmail + Bit torrent - Ok, so not strictly a tool, but it’s a pretty cool gmail hack.
Of course a gmail account is needed. I’ve got plenty of invites if you don’t fancy giving google your mobile number, just leave a comment and email address if you want one.