Just installed the new Firefox after putting it off for a while as an extension wouldn’t work. I really like it, a few of the improvements I’ve noticed, in the ten minutes or so I’ve been using it are:
- The options menu has been cleaned up
- The practically useless throbber has been made smaller
- The css style switcher has been moved to the bottom left.
- There’s an RSS button which allows you to suscribe to a sites RSS feed in three clicks
- The facility to check email arriving in your default mail client, and one further click to open it
- The address bar now changes background to yellow to highlight the fact that you’re on a secure site. I think this is far more user friendly then searching around for a tiny padlock
It’s a slightly smaller download than it was before and presumably contains ‘under the hood’ speed ups and bug fixes.